Women's Ballroom Shoes Buying Guide
Whether you are a professional ballroom dancer or just taking a basic introduction course, you'll need a good pair of ballroom shoes . There are three basic types of ballroom shoes. You may only need one of these types (depending on your skill level, area of interest, and level of interest in ballroom dancing), or several pairs of all three types.
- Don't buy any heel that is over 3" if you are just beginning. You'll never learn any techniques if you are too busy trying not to fall.
- Though black is the most common colour of ballroom shoes, buying a nude colour shoe will not only appear to lengthen your legs (ultra sexy!), but it will match with most outfits.
- Expect to pay a hefty amount for quality ballroom shoes.
The Three Basic Types of Ballroom Shoes
|I Could Have Danced All Night|
Practice shoes are a real lifesaver (or foot saver) for those who are struggling to learn the basics or for those who practice more than an hour a day.
- Practice shoes have low heels and laces.
- Often sold in comfortable sneaker styles.
- When buying, don't worry too much about colour or type. Just find a comfortable pair that is flexible enough to dance in, breathable, and has some level of grip so you don't slide on a polished wood floor.
Basic Ankle Strap Styles
For this resource in your home country, please see:
NL: Stijldansschoenen voor vrouwen Shopgids