Turning your basement into a personal pub was the best thing you did all year! Unfortunately there are a few things missing. A barman is useless without tools (and spirits) but that can be changed. Spice things up with any or every accessory imaginable. Check out our barware guide for more detailed information on this subject.
Serving from Behind the Bar
Everyone has that dear uncle who may or may not be an actual relation; this is what you claim as he bellows out "Bennie and the Jets"--a cappella. When was this elusive person conceived? Nobody remembers the birth or the early childhood--just a swift emergence during the hippie era. You tell yourself (and everyone else in the room) that all his years as the peace pipe piston drove him mad. But this tale is simply to attach a minutia of dignity, even sympathy, to the man. Unfortunately, as it turns out, the story becomes less credible while Johnnie Walker is nested between his pants and stomach. That man always seems to drink six too many. Well, keep the damage to a minimum by pillock-proofing your bar with products such as coasters, ready to grab clean-up towels, and a condiment tray for that easy access to biodegradable pelleting products. When taking him down, service can still run smoothly with things such as cork screws, glass rimmers, and swizzle sticks for the consumers to stir their own concoctions.
- Grooved rubber surface keeps things in place and makes them easily accessible.
- Helps to avoid those ever daunting "Where is the salt ?" type questions.
- Makes you look organized and put together.
- Keep one of these handy at all times for instant spillage correction.
- Also a useful swatter .
- If you could stretch your palms to hold three plates , six forks , nine knives ,ketchup and a pitcher of Spritzer, would you? If you answered yes, you would be a fool. Which looks better: expertly balancing trays or trampolining on your own hands? "Ginnie, look what I can do!"
- If you have these available, you can officially be that person who nags guests to use the coasters.
- They will be thankful when they do not have to pay for replacing your very expensive and newly ruined furniture.
- Safely stores condiments ,small toys , and water guns for sobering up.
- Like the bar mat, it helps to avoid those "Where is the salt?" type questions.
- Also like the bar mat, it looks organized.
Everything needed to create, store, pour, and make your cocktails.
Nothing says "party" like strip backgammon.
Yes the time has come to brush up on one of the most wonderful depressants of all time.
Something to Think About
Now that you are equipped with everything for your at-home pub, consider taking one of those bartending classes you've heard so much about. If that seems like too pricey an endeavour, then maybe you would like to invest in a home guide to bar tending? An on-line course is a click away, just jump on the computer and look up bartending tips. There is a new toy in the house, so make proper use of it!
Related Guides and Products