Batteries: Quick Search
After doing a search by clicking on one of the links below, try adding the number of batteries
you want in the search line; for example "AA batteries alkaline 8
". Note: because batteries are not that expensive, be careful about shipping costs. Some sellers price the batteries cheap but get you on shipping.
Spotlight On: Lithium-Ion Batteries
Lithiumion batteries for these popular camera brands.
Suggestions for a few chargers that can power up various types of batteries.
Search:Batteries Not Included
Whether you have a portable FM radio
, a camera
, or a flashlight
, you will need some type of battery
There are two main types to choose from: the conventional disposable, or the rechargeable. The question is, what are you powering? This will determine what type of battery you should choose to get the best mileage.
Disposable: Alkaline vs. Lithium
* Both lithium batteries
cause damage to the environment even when disposed of properly, which most of the time, they aren't.
* Best for low-drain devices.
* High-drain alkalines are good for devices such as cameras, motorized toys, and CD players.
* Name brands are always more expensive than generic.
* High-drain versions cost twice as much as regular alkalines in the long run.
* Lithiums have a long shelf-life but cost four times more than alkalines.
** Energizer e2
Thinking about rechargeable batteries
? Consider these points.
* Cadmium-free batteries are better for the environment.
* Higher initial cost, lower long-term cost.
* Good for devices that you use often and that need repeated battery replacement.
* Best for high-drain devices.
* Nickel-metal hybrids are the best because they create less waste, although they are sometimes less powerful.
* Also come as lithium-ion.
* Not good for things that sit for long periods because they discharge over time.
** Energizer NiMH
AA, AAA, C, D
* Boom boxes
* Devices with DC motors or bright displays
* Digital cameras
* Cameras with a flash
* Halogen flashlights
* Motorized toys
* Portable tape players
* Alarm Clocks
* Digital Cameras
* Portable CD Players
* Remote Controls
* Smoke Alarms
* Battery Chargers
For this resource in your home country, please see: