Birthday Gifts for Thirteen Year Old Girls
Thirteen year old girls can be challenging. They are just entering their crazy teen years and finding something that fits their unique taste is challenging. The best way to go about it is figuring out her likes and dislikes. If you have a clear idea of what she won't like, finding something she will becomes a lot easier. Think of their favourites. You can't go wrong if its a gift that has to do with their favourite bands, favourite movies, favourite stores, etc. Take a look at these gifts suggestions for specific interests.
For a Little Fashionista
If she's into fashion, something that will increase the size of her wardrobe will definitely be appreciated. Here are some helpful hints to keep in mind.
- If you go for clothing, make sure you know her sizes and what brands she likes.
- Accessories may be an easier way to go since you won't have to know specific sizes
- Go for accessories that can be used with a lot of different outfits.
- They can add style to any look and spice up a plain wardrobe.
- Giving her first makeup is also a good way to go.
- Be sure she's allowed to wear it before giving her any.
- Giving makeup is a great way to make her feel more grown up.
- Mascara or lipgloss are better choices for a 13 yr old than foundations.
- Nail Polish also makes a great gift.
- Giving multiple colors ill allow her to coordinate her nails with different outfits.
For the Movie Lover
If she loves television or movie nights with friends, you can't wrong with a cute film or season of her favourite show. Here are some helpful hints to keep in mind.
- Keep her age in mind when choosing a film.
- If you go for something PG13, then be sure you know why it was given that rating.
- Even though the movie rating says its appropriate, some parents disagree.
- Stay with a genre you know she likes. Don't get the action flick that just came out, if she really likes more girly movies.
For the High Tech 13 year old
Kids are getting more and more technologically advanced by the minute. If she's a technological genius, try to find her some new high tech gear.
- Even though they may be super techie, don't go for something too complicated.
- 13 year olds usually don't want to spend a lot of time reading directions.
- They do, however, enjoy figuring things out, so don't get something really simple either.
- Get something they can use with friends or on long trips.
- Ipods are great for staying occupied during long car rides.
- Computer Software and Games are great activities to with friends or by yourself.
For the Athlete
For girls that are into any sport or recreational activity, anything related to it will make an excellent gift.
- Apparel or some new equipment is always appreciated.
- Sports items such as jerseys or footballs get dirty or unusable pretty quickly and will need replacements.
- If you go for a movie or book, get something inspirational and fun.
- Seeing other kids enjoying their sport will encourage them to keep at it.
- An inspirational story could also be a thoughtful way to go, but may not be as enjoyable as a fun flick.