Haunted House Decorations
You might be one of those lucky few to live in a real haunted house--congratulations! For the rest of us, if we want to be creeped out, we have to create our own haunted house. Though this might sound intimidating, it can actually be a lot of fun, especially if you get your friends and family involved.
Tips for Terror
- Find space: Make sure you have a safe location that is large enough to accommodate both your decorations and your guests.
- Make plans: Figure out how things should be spaced in the haunted house. Make sure to plot an entrance and an exit.
- Stock up: Order or make any props you will need well in advance.
- Get decorating!
- You want your haunted house to be as dark as possible, so black trash bags or blankets are great for covering up walls.
- Plan your lighting scheme so your guests will be able to see only what you want them to!
- Order or make a CD of scary sounds.
- Get people involved: Props are great, but interactivity is even better. See if anyone will volunteer to dress up and be part of the experience. Be advised that many public haunted houses often have a "no touching" policy as not to overly traumatise children.
It just wouldn't be Halloween without these!
The Creepy Stuff
These additions to your haunted house are not for the faint of heart. Leave the kids with a sitter.
These are some extra touches that are sure to leave an impression.