Skirt Suits are usually considered more classic, and of course, a little more feminine than the trouser suit.
- Try a skirt suit for a more traditional environment.
- Keep the hem to the knee or lower in a conservative office.
- Classic doesn't have to mean boring; cut, colour, and accessories can all make your skirt suit special and even fun. Take, for example, the pencil skirt. It completely covers you, yet depending on the fit and cut, it can be sexy.
- Make sure to wear the proper undergarments for you skirt suit: a thong will prevent panty lines while a slip is ride-up insurance.
Trouser Suits are a modern option for the working women and very fashion forward.
- Perfect for the woman who will get sick of crossing her ankles all day.
- Fit is extremely important; an ill-fitting trouser can make your suit look dowdy or sloppy. On the other hand, perfect hang and cut can have you looking modern, professional, and dare I say fabulous?
- Wear boy shorts or a thong to prevent panty lines.
- Don't try to fit your suit trousers like you do your jeans; trousers should skim your leg, not hug it, and low rise is a definite no-no.